Special Meeting Notice
The Tuscarawas County Agricultural Society board will meet Wednesday Oct. 3 at 7:30 p.m. in the Secretary's office to close the meeting from the fair and act on necessary fair business.
Tuscarawas County Agricultural Society meetings are held monthly the third Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in the Secretary’s office at the fair grounds.
Annual Election of Directors
The Annual Election of the Tuscarawas County Agricultural Society will be held Saturday, November 3, 2018, in the Secretary’s office at the Fair Grounds from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Any person who has purchased a membership to the Tuscarawas County Agricultural Society is able to cast a vote. The Annual Meeting will follow the counting of the ballots.
Tuscarawas County Agricultural Society Mission Statement
To shape the future of Tuscarawas County by preserving our agricultural heritage and discovering new
partners that will help expand the boundaries of agriculture for the citizens of Tuscarawas County.
Requirements to qualify for board petition
- No more than two Directors can be from the same Township or City.
- Complete a successful background check at the Tuscarawas County Sheriff’s office. If elected to the board the expense will be reimbursed by the Agricultural Society. Results must be submitted to the TCAS when a petition is picked up at the Senior Fair Board Office.
- Attend two meetings of the TCAS prior to the Tuscarawas County Fair.
- Sign an acknowledgement sheet, that you understand the role and responsibilities of a board member, prior to taking out a petition.
- Petition must have ten legible signatures of individuals over 18 years of age, which hold a Tuscarawas County Agricultural Society membership in order to have your name placed on the ballot. Signed petitions must be turned into the office, located at 259 S. Tuscarawas Ave, Dover, Ohio 44612, 30 days before the annual election is held, which the first Saturday in November from 9-2.
- Elected and appointed directors shall be sworn in during the first regular board meeting following their election or appointment.